- Use the right sized box for what you are packing. For example, books, canned goods and other heavier items should be packed in the small boxes. Larger, lighter items may be packed in medium or large boxes.
- Avoid loading more than 50 pounds into any box.
- Pack audio-video equipment in their original boxes if possible. Label cables and tighten transit screws. If you remove the screws, tape them to the object they were taken from. These original boxes can often be packed into larger RTB's if they are smaller.
- Label each box for contents and indicate the room it should go to at the destination location. Abbreviations for rooms work well (LR for Living Room, MBR for Master Bedroom, etc.).
- Wrap fragile items with white newsprint and fill empty spaces in cartons with clothing/soft goods.
- Fill all the cartons to the top. Half filled boxes tend to crush.
- Do not overfill the RTB's. Be sure that the top can sit fully on the box when finished.
Use left/right arrows to navigate the slideshow or swipe left/right if using a mobile device